- The waxing moon is increasing in fullness and brilliance, starting after the New Moon (when it looks darkest) and climbing up to the Full Moon. Remember this by thinking of the expression “She waxes poetic,” which suggests that her poetry is increasing.
- The waning moon is gradually diminishing, starting the day after the Full Moon (when it is brightest) and turning over again at the next New Moon. Pretty simple.
- Plant above ground crops during the light of the moon.
- Plant below ground crops during the dark of the moon.
- Make transplants and graft tree branches during the waxing moon, when it is vital and life giving.
- Perform soil cultivation and remove weeds during the dark of the moon, when the moon is barren, so the unwanted seeds don’t take purchase again.
My Grandpa Stubbs once told me over the phone how to make the world’s easiest and most delicious peanut butter cookies! You can do this in a snap anytime, and I have the sneaking suspicion that being flour free will tickle some fancies. Here ya go: