About halfway through making this exceedingly simple yet exceedingly decadent appetizer, I thought maybe someone else might want to know about this and make it. We are, after all, fast approaching Labor Day weekend, a great time to roll out a snazzy new recipe. This qualifies as snazzy in my book.
- First, let all of the cheeses come to room temperature. Have you ever tried to stir cold cream cheese? Nobody should be that strong.
- In a 400-degree oven, roast the olives in a coating of Italian dressing, for about 20 minutes. This smells incredible.
- Once they are all roasty and tender and shriveled, pull them out and let them cool a bit.
- Now coarsely chop the little gems and set them aside.
- As thoroughly as possible, mix together all the cheeses and season with hot sauce and garlic salt, to taste.
- Now just add the chopped, roasted olives. It looks like edible confetti. I swear, it makes me so happy. And Handsome doesn’t have to worry about finding this particular confetti under the seat cushions or inside the fireplace. Or in his hair. Or in the buffalo’s hair. Because we eat this confetti. At Least I do…
That’s about it! Now I would place a sheet of waxed paper over the top, wrap it up in plastic like your life depends on it and abandon the fruits of your labor to the cold fridge overnight. Serve this manna with crackers or just a spoon. It is so good.